- Audible (audiobooks) keeps my mind sharp with the newest and best book releases. I love listening to audiobooks when I’m exercising, running errands, or enjoying a day outdoors. Gold plan is $14.99 per month and allows you to download one book of any price each billing cycle.
- Feedly (curator) helps me to stay on top of the book publishing industry by pulling content from around the web into one place.
- YouTube is my go-to when I want watch interviews and lectures that are not produced as podcasts. I enjoy watching interviews and seeing the speaker interact with the audience. It brings a different energy that’s not present with audio-only mediums.
- Overcast lets me listen to all of my favorite podcasts. I like to binge listen to one person over several shows, so I build listening playlists.
Client & Project Management
- Dubasdo (CRM) helps me to manage finances, client invoices and contracts, and automates communication. You can also set recurring invoices and accept payment through PayPal or Stripe. Plan starts at $20 per month.
- Trello (project management) helps me to organize workflows and projects into kanban-style boards. It also allows you to integrate other tools into your workflow like Google Drive, Evernote, and more.
- Rev (transcription) helps with transcribing interviews, as well as dictated blog posts and book chapters. At $1 per minute of recorded audio, this is a steal for writers looking to write more rapidly.
- Scrivener (word processing) is the be-all, end-all writing suite. Scrivener lets you organize your writing better than any other software on the market—period. Comes with a free 30-day trial.
- Fiverr is my go-to when I need quick turnaround creative. I have had images prepared for my blog and podcast done there, show note written, podcast episodes edited, and research compiled. Here are the people I use (be sure to tell them I referred you!)