Dr. Stacia D. Kelly writes both fiction and non-fiction. She has most recently released a short ebook, “Slim, Fit, Happy You”, which was number 1 on Amazon’s Healthy Living Best Seller list. She lives in Northern VA and plays concierge to 4 cats, the dog and chauffeur for her son. She also co-writes Urban Fantasy with her husband under the name N.S. Kelly.Author Stacia Kelly talks about how she uses research to make her scenes more authentic and why having beta readers will improve the flow of your book.
The Art of Writing
When I First Knew That I was a Writer
- Stacia knew she was a writer when she was given a pencil by her mother, shown her ABCs and was told that these letters are how words and sentences are formed.
What No One Tells You About Writing
- That it’s work. You have to do all of the work, even if you use a traditional publisher.
The Business of Writing
- Network with other writers. Get together and exchange ideas and find out what’s working.
Advice to Writers
- Sit down, shut up, and WRITE!
- Use beta readers. They help you to find the gaping holes in your writing.