This week I’m joined by Dr. Deborah Tillman, parenting expert and star of Lifetime TVs American Supernanny. On this episode, Dr. Tillman and I talk about how writers should balance creative life and family life.
- How to parent and create during an uncertain pandemic
- How prioritizing your family helps with getting creative time scheduled
- Purposeful parenting vs perfect parenting
- Why you should strive for a harmonious home over a balanced home
- How parents can meet the needs of their children and still find time to write
- Setting boundaries on your writing time and teaching your kids how to respect it
- How to involve your kids in your creative process
- How to use your creative time to institute a block of time for your kids to pursue their own hobbies
- What to do when you feel like you have to choose kids over creating
- How to make time for self-care
All this and more await in this episode!
About Dr. Deborah Tillman
Deborah L. Tillman is Parent Educator, Speaker, Author, Founder of Happy Home Child Learning Center, Inc., “America’s Supernanny” on Lifetime Television and President of the non-profit: The Parenting Movement. Labeled “A Force for Good” by The Washington Post, Tillman has a deep passion for children. She began her career over a decade ago when she became frustrated with the lack of quality childcare her son was receiving and as a result, quit her very lucrative accounting job and started her own school in 1994. A native of East Orange, New Jersey, Tillman believes that parents and caregivers play a vital role in a child’s life.