If you’re like Kayla and I, podcasts have become a way of life and a great source of information to unlock some of the secrets to becoming a more productive and compensated writer. That’s why today’s show is Best Podcasts for Writers & Authors.
Podcasts have been around for over a decade, but the past two or three years have seen a rise in their popularity. I think the best part about them is that they’re portable, easy to listen to, and give you access into the minds to experts you’d otherwise not be able to get close to.
Here is a list of our favorite podcasts. Any combination of these can help greatly improve you as a writer and as an writing entrepreneur.
- Host Joanna Penn offers information, inspiration, and interviews on writing, self-publishing, book marketing, and making a living with your writing.
- These guys put a whole new spin on the self-publishing world! You’ll get everything related to getting your writing published … and making money doing it … in today’s new DIY digital publishing frontier.
- Gives the news in the self-publishing world. Jim Kukral and Bryan Cohen give you helpful tips and ideas to make your book sales soar.
- This podcast interview authors who have made it in the self-publishing world. The interview provide actionable advice and inspiration for those who want to self publish.
- A companion to her book “Big Magic,” this podcast helps another batch of aspiring artists overcome their fears and create more joyfully.
- EntreLeadership features discussions and tips on leadership and business by some of the top minds in the business like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins and Simon Sinek.
- Grant Cardone pulls no punches when it comes to a no-nonsense sales-focused podcast. You’ll learn how become a better sales person and the value of creating streams of revenue around your products. Not for the faint of heart and does have some language.
- John Lee Dumas talks to entrepreneurs from every walk of life about how they started, what their biggest failures were, and how they overcame them.
- Kate Erickson is a systems and processes kind of girl. If your writing business need structure and foundation, she’s your girl. Her Fire Path series is perfect for the writer who isn’t fully sure where they fit in the marketplace and that needs a self-paced discovery pep talk.
- Amy rocks when to comes to the digital world, monetizing social media marketing and blogging in particular. With her, you’ll learn about creating lead magnets and courses around your products, creating editorial calendars for posting your content on your blog or social media, and how to grow your audience with Facebook Groups and Live, Instagram, and others.
- Darren Rowse has been in the blogging game since 2005. His podcast focuses on turning you into a power blogger who can earn income using your blog as your mothership.
- Jeff Goins hosts this podcast about how writers can get ahead, grow their businesses, and stay balanced while doing it. He features guest interviews, tips, strategies, and thought provoking shows that help every writer keep the portfolio of their life in perfect balance.
If we missed a great podcast that you love and would like to add to our list, comment below. If you have questions specifically for me you, can email me at email@example.com. I’m also on Twitter at chrisjonesink. And you can find Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter at kayladawnwrites.