- Audible (audiobooks) keeps my mind sharp with the newest and best book releases. I love listening to audiobooks when I’m exercising, running errands, or enjoying a day outdoors. Gold plan is $14.99 per month and allows you to download one book of any price each billing cycle.
- Feedly (curator) helps me to stay on top of the book publishing industry by pulling content from around the web into one place.
- YouTube is my go-to when I want watch interviews and lectures that are not produced as podcasts. I enjoy watching interviews and seeing the speaker interact with the audience. It brings a different energy that’s not present with audio-only mediums.
- Overcast lets me listen to all of my favorite podcasts. I like to binge listen to one person over several shows, so I build listening playlists.
- Skillshare & Udemy are online classrooms where you can learn everything from creative writing and editing to design and podcasting and everything in between. Subscribe to their email newsletters to get notified of course discounts that can save you as much as 90%.
Client, Project & Social Media Management
- Dubasdo (CRM) helps me to manage finances, client invoices and contracts, and automates communication. You can also set recurring invoices and accept payment through PayPal or Stripe. Plan starts at $20 per month.
- Trello (project management) helps me to organize workflows and projects into kanban-style boards. It also allows you to integrate other tools into your workflow like Google Drive, Evernote, and more.
- Buffer is my go-to resource for scheduling social media posts. It’s easy to use, fast and with he Awesome plan, you can posts for up to 10 accounts.
- Rev (transcription) helps with transcribing interviews, as well as dictated blog posts and book chapters. At $1 per minute of recorded audio, this is a steal for writers looking to write more rapidly.
Word Processing & Writing
- Scrivener (word processing) is the be-all, end-all writing suite. Scrivener lets you organize your writing better than any other software on the market—period. Comes with a free 30-day trial.
- ByWord (writing/blogging) is a sleek and minimalist text editor for Markdown. It allows you to write in a clean environment and publish to your blog or Medium.
- Fiverr is my go-to when I need quick turnaround creative. I have had images prepared for my blog and podcast done there, show note written, podcast episodes edited, and research compiled. Here are the people I use (be sure to tell them I referred you!)